The UK government has launched a 12 week call for evidence on women’s health and care to understand women’s experiences and form the basis of a new Women’s Health Strategy.
The 6 core themes included in the call for evidence are:
- Placing women’s voices at the centre of their health and care
- Improving the quality and accessibility of information and education on women’s health
- Ensuring the health and care system understands and is responsive to women’s health and care needs across the life course
- Maximising women’s health in the workplace
- Ensuring that research, evidence and data support improvements in women’s health
- Understanding and responding to the impacts of COVID-19 on women’s health
The call for evidence reflects the need to be able to identify and talk about women’s health across their life course and in the workplace not only as “menstruators”, “people with a cervix”, “pregnant people” and “people who have given birth”.