UPDATE: Kishwer Falkner, Chair of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, has written to Kemi Badenoch, Minister for Women and Equalities, and recommended that she give the petition’s proposal serious consideration. We have updated our letter to MPs to tell them about this.
Our letter and updated briefing make writing to your MP easy. The briefing gives MPs information about the petition and the EHRC’s assessment of its proposal, and the letter asks them to write to Kemi Badenoch and request that she takes up Baroness Falkner’s recommendation.
- If you are not sure who your MP is, find out here.
- Fill in your name and address below.
- If you like, go to the petition map and look up how many people have signed in your area and put that in the box (replacing “many” with a number).
- Personalising the letter is really worthwhile. Add a sentence or two at the beginning saying whether you have contacted them before, and then add a paragraph further down explaining why this matters to you.
- If you have a Conservative MP, you might want to add that Rishi Sunak has pledged to clarify the Equality Act to ensure there are explicit legal protections for biological women.
- If you have a Labour MP you might want to add that Keir Starmer has welcomed the recommendation to review the relationship between the Gender Recognition Act and the Equality Act.
Your information will not be made public.