Sunday 10th September, 10am to 12.30pm
“Woman means adult human female.” “Transwomen are men.”
People who make statements such as these risk social ostracism and threats to their livelihood. But many are fighting back, because they believe that sex matters for women’s rights.
Join Sex Matters for a morning of inspiration and education at the People’s History Museum in Manchester.
- Meet Maya Forstater, Helen Joyce and Emma Hilton.
- Learn about the Equality Act.
- Hear about the fight to make sure the law protects women’s rights.
- Share your story.
- Ask questions.
- Take a picture with our historic banner and with the museum’s exhibits
People’s History Museum, Left Bank, Spinningfields, Manchester, M3 3ER
10am to noon
- Hear from Maya Forstater about what it means to be worthy of respect in a democratic society
- Hear from Helen Joyce about the change in the law on sex and gender that Sex Matters is campaigning for
- Q&A and discussion
noon to 12.30pm
Join us for a walk around the museum, take pictures and share them on social media.
Be the billboard for sex-based rights (Adult Human Female; This Witch Doesn’t Burn – or your own favourite take); channel the Suffragettes in purple, green and white; or wear whatever you like.
Tickets are £10 through Ticket Tailor (and any donation you can add would be much appreciated), and places are limited, so book soon!